The Wedge of the San Rafael

The Wedge of the San Rafael
Someone has to live here, in the middle of desert beauty. Might as well be the Kellys.

Monday, November 15, 2010

A sequel?

I rely on my readers to give me clues. Monday through Friday, I go to water aerobics in the pool in Price, Utah. I call us "Eight - or ten - fluffy women in a pool," with some of us more fluffy than others. There's a lady that I pick up on my way to the pool. She's so neat. VonDell is about my age. She's legally blind, because she was born with a really rare form of cataracts. She can read if the print is big enough, and if she holds the page close enough to her one not-good-but-much-better-than-the-other eye.

One of my Regency novels came out in large print, so I loaned her that, and she enjoyed it. Then I printed out the manuscript of my LDS-themed novel, Borrowed Light, in 18 point type. (That book will be out in February - available on Amazon -- shameless commercial)

She finished it over the weekend and realy liked it. Said she's going to start over and re-read it, which thrilled my writer's heart. She also said she wants a sequel, because there are a lot of characters, in addition to the main characters, who need more "face time," according to VonDell.

I'd never even thought of a sequel to Borrowed Light, but I think she's right. I send my editor and e-mail and asked her what she thinks. Thank you, VonDell!

Right now, I'm working on a three-Christmas-story collection, which is going pretty well. I'll have the first story done by the first week in December, I think. I'm also waiting for my office to be finished. It's a neat room we added on the other side of the porch, and was the summer and early fall's remodeling project. The built-in desk (really basic) just needs a top to it, and I can move into the office. This will be much better than my usual writing places through the years, which have varied from a furnace room, to a kitchen table, to several laundry rooms. Imagine. A room for writing. I doubt my prose will be any more deathless than it already isn't, but it will be nice.

1 comment:

  1. Thank VonDell from the rest of your readers, too - anything that gets more books out!

    ReplyDelete